IOM announces tender for the services of an International Consultant for the Internatioinal Technical Assistance Project in Belarus “Strengthening the Capacity of Belarus Government in the Sphere of Combating Trafficking in Human Beings”
Prepare Guidance on the National Referral Mechanism in Belarus (Inclusive of Transitional Component)
Date: November 6, 2014
Country: Remote work place
Application deadline: December 1, 2014
Terms of appointment: Consultant’s contract for 6 months
IOM shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs.
The purpose of the intervention is to prepare Guidance on the National Referral Mechanism with transnational component (NRM) in the Republic of Belarus.
Under the general supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission and CT Specialist and in close coordination with relevant state and non-state CT stakeholders in Belarus, the incumbent will:
- Prepare the Guidance for establishment of functional National Referral Mechanism with trans-national component in Belarus, based on a study of the National Legislation in the field of CT and existing best practices for functioning of the NRMs world-wide.
- Coordinate the content of recommendations with the CT stakeholders thorough IOM Minsk, receive their feedback and comments for further incorporation into the final document.
- Provide expert advice to the IOM Staff and National CT stakeholders (members of the NRM Task force) upon request.
- Guidance for establishment of functional National Referral Mechanism in Belarus inclusive of the following:
- Description of the method of cooperation inside the NRM that should be based on the most effective and efficient way of rendering assistance to VoTs.
- Description of the monitoring mechanism of NRM.
- Description of transnational component.
- Leading principles of NRM operation.
- Standard operating procedures within NRM.
- Identified gaps for the introduction of NRM in Belarus.
- Guidance on the follow up action: promotion of the prepared document to the Government level.
- Workshops for the members of the task force on NRM.
The incumbent is expected to have the following competencies and expertise:
- Minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience in the field of CT.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience in preparation of the guidelines/ recommendations/ manuals in the field of CT.
- In-depth understanding of the National Referral Mechanism and Transnational Referral Mechanism.
- Good knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in the field of CT (Including in Belarus).
- Knowledge of the CT Legislative instruments (national and international).
Excellent written and oral command of English, knowledge of the Russian language is an asset.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively at all levels, including high-level governmental officials.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability.
- Ability to handle complex information issues.
- Ability to meet tough deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team.
Applicants should send a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and the names and addresses (including telephone, fax and email) of three referees who are familiar with the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience, as well as the financial proposal to IOM Minsk Office, e-mail: email@example.com
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Comprehension of human trafficking issue, the purpose and objectives of the task
- Previous relevant experience
- Capacity to carry out the task
- Quality of proposal
- Cost of proposal
- Knowledge of the Russian language
- Availability/start date