IOM announces tender for the services of an international consultant to:
- develop the training module and conduct the training for CT staff (including Belarusian NGO partners and local authorities) on sensitization to gender-based and sexual violence while working with vulnerable groups, including victims of trafficking;
- develop the curriculum of the training in coordination with IOM focal point;
- prepare the training materials and handouts for the participants of the trainings;
- prepare the feedback evaluation forms for the participants of the training.
Date: 29 April 2015
Duty station: IOM Minsk, Belarus
Application deadline: May 10, 2015
Terms of appointment: Consultant’s contract for 2 months (June – July)
IOM shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs.
To find more about IOM, visit our Websites at http://www.iom.int and http://iom.by
Building the capacity of CT staff (including IOM, NGO partners and local authorities) is the cornerstone of any CT activities related to rendering assistance to victims of human trafficking in an effective and dignified way. Sensitization of CT staff on the issues related to sexual violence and gender discrimination, to discriminatory or stigmatizing attitudes, familiarization with possible consequences of gender-based violence would capacitate the CT counterparts, including service providers in their obligations to protect victims of sexual and gender based violence and trafficking in human beings (SGBV and THB).
Under the general supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission and in close coordination with Project Coordinator the incumbent will:
- Draft a training module and curriculum on sensitization of CT staff (state and non-state) on the issues related to sexual violence and gender discrimination when working with victims of SGBV/THB;
- Prepare the training materials and handouts for the participants of the training;
- Prepare the feedback evaluation forms for the participants of the training;
- Moderate the training;
- Report on the outputs of the training.
- The sensitization approach to the victims of trafficking (including the survivors of sexual and gender-based violence) is introduced;
- The attitudes, values and assumptions related to sexual and gender-based violence among the CT staff are assessed and the sensitization to the related issues is developed;
- Knowledge of gender issues and human rights is increased;
- The cultural factors of vulnerability to violence and the consequences of gender and sexual violence, violation of human rights are introduced;
- The capability to identify and neutralize stigmatizing attitudes are enhanced;
- The skills of empathy are developed;
- The Vicarious trauma among the service providers is recognized and the ways of elimination of the burn out syndrome are introduced;
- The supervision skills among CT staff (individual, peer, etc.) are increased
- The cooperation between the CT counterparts is strengthened;
- Specific approaches in working with survivors of gender-based and sexual violence among victims of trafficking and irregular migrants are developed and introduced into practice.
The incumbent is expected to have the following competencies and expertise:
- Minimum of seven years of relevant professional experience in the target area (combating gender and sexual violence, trafficking in human trafficking,
- Excellent knowledge of the specifics of work with the survivors of sexual and gender violence.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience (minimum of 5 years) in preparation and moderating of the trainings.
- Good knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in the field of CT .
- Excellent written and oral command of English, knowledge of the Russian language is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively at all levels, including governmental officials.
- Ability to handle complex information issues.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team.
- Ability to meet tough deadlines.
Applicants should send a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and the names and addresses (including telephone, fax and email) of three referees familiar with the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience, as well as the financial proposal to IOM Minsk Office, e-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message. Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Comprehension of human trafficking issue, gender issue, the purpose and objectives of the task
- Previous relevant experience
- Quality of proposal
- Cost of proposal