On 16-21 September 2012 border guards of Belarus and Ukraine participated in a joint study visit to Hungary aimed at examining the Hungarian experience in coordinating green border protection activities, as well as the work of local border officials. The visit was carried out within the framework of EU-IOM project “SURCAP”.
The following issues were studied in course of the visit:
– The structure, objectives, functions and responsibilities of the Hungarian Border Police.
– The experience of the Border Police of Hungary in organizing and coordinating the green border protection.
– The tactics of using infrared scanners (thermovision cameras) in border protection by the Border Police of Hungary.
– The Hungarian experience in organizing and managing border contact points.
– The Hungarian experience in organizing and implementing the system of border representative activities.
In order to obtain knowledge and information on all the issues mentioned above the following Hungarian Border Police facilities located on the state border between Hungary, Romania and Ukraine were visited: Border Police groups in Nyirbator, Csenger, Beregsur?ny, Z?hony, Romanian and Hungarian joint contact point in ?rt?nd, check-points in Lasla and Z?hony.