On 12-14 February 2013 the IOM Minsk CT Unit organized the training “Strategic project planning and cooperation with state bodies”. Altogether 6 staff members took part in the training: head of CT unit, four CT Project Assistants and Administrator of Rehabilitation Centre). The event was organized with support from Sida.
3 experts were invited to deliver the training:
Mr. Vassiliy YUZHANIN, project development unit, RO Vienna;
Mr. Anh NGUYEN, Senior Regional CT and AVRR Specialist, RO Vienna;
Mr. Ruslan Savruk, Senior Inspector for Special Assignments, International Relations Directorate, MoI HQ.
The purpose of the training was to ensure that IOM staff engaged in counter trafficking upgrade professional skills in the field of project development and understands the basics of monitoring and evaluation.
The following training objectives were met by participants:
- knowledge of the phases of the project life cycle;
- knowledge how to make “cause-effect” analysis (problem tree) and “means-ends” analysis (results tree);
- ability to design the intervention logic, indicators and assumptions;
- ability to develop a budget;
- knowledge of standard and alternative procedures for project review;
- knowledge of the phases/steps in project development/ management;
- knowledge of the steps and tools for evaluation;
- improved understanding of the state structers` functions and relations with other agencies, internal and external procedures, cooperation with international organisations, etc.
The participants also focused on the discussion of Global and Regional IOM CT Strategy as well as directions of IOM Minsk CT Strategy development. It is expected that the training will result in improved project development/ implementation.