The Rehabilitation Centre for the victims of trafficking started its operation in 2006 and since that time IOM Minsk has assisted to more than 425 victims of trafficking. During the period 2006-2012 RC IOM Minsk rendered direct assistance to 251 women, 23 men and 151 children.
Victims of trafficking are offered safe and secure temporary housing, meals, medical assistance, psychological counseling, legal assistance, etc.
Core Rehabilitation Centre (RC) operation principles:
- Non-discrimination by social status, nationality, religion, age, education etc.
- Respect for human rights
- Respect for clients’ freedoms and choices
Psychological care and support for survivors of trafficking is based on clients’ psychological needs and is aimed at bringing a client back to normal state and harmonized life in society.
Psychological rehabilitation program includes the following stages:
- Psychological assessment
- Daily clients’ monitoring by social workers
- Individual psychological counseling sessions
- Group psychotherapy sessions
- Post rehabilitation monitoring