On the 29th of May, 2014 a meeting of the multi-disciplinary task force in Grodno took place. The main responsibility of the task force is to identify, refer and provide assistance to VoTs in Grodno oblast; to strengthen NRM in Grodno oblast, to share experience, information and latest statistics in the field of combating and prevention of trafficking in human beings.
The meeting of the task force was chaired by National Project Coordinator / Deputy chairperson of the Department /Chairperson of the second unit on combating trafficking in drugs and human beings of the criminal militia of the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Belarus, Sergey KOLTUN and Coordinator of the International Technical Assistance Project “Building the capacity of the Republic of Belarus in the field of combating trafficking in human beings” – Natalia ZHAK. The meeting was held at the centre of Grodno Oblast organization of Red Cross. The meeting was attended by the representatives of the agencies, which signed the MoU, and by other stakeholders including the representatives of the Departments of the Interior Affairs, of labor and social welfare, of health, of education, of ideological work and of culture and youth’s issues, as well as the representatives of investigative committee, the Bar, Grodno boarder guard group and Grodno Oblast organization of Red Cross.
During the meeting all the representatives had an opportunity to share the latest information and statistics and to talk about the latest trends in the field of THB in Grodno region. Special attention was paid to the issues of children leaving abroad and possibilities of cooperation with travel agencies and to the necessity to improve responses of both state and non-state actors in this regards.
Besides, the work of Grodno Oblast organization of Red Cross in the sphere of state social sub-contraction was mentioned, as they started to carry out activities in this sphere of in 8 regions of the oblast. For instance, in Lida region the implementation of social projects in the field of combating human-trafficking and domestic violence has been already started.
In the course of the work of the task force it was decided:
- to more actively engage into sharing information and statistics between the stakeholders of the MoU in the field of prevention of THB and provision of assistance to VoTs;
- to raise awareness of dangers of internet-resources usage among young people (in higher education establishments, technical colleges, schools and other kinds of educational establishments);
- to invite the representatives of “К”-group to information events;
- to adhere to the principles of confidentiality, availability, free service for VoTs when rendering assistance;
- if needed, to invite special experts and experts from neighboring countries;
- to involve the representatives of the Ministry for Emergency Situations into the process of potential VoTs identification;
- to carry out preventive activities in distant regions of the oblast;
- to conduct the next meeting of the task force no later than December, 2014;
- to enhance cooperation with boarder guard groups;
- to invite journalists, other representatives of mass media, representatives of religious confessions to the meetings of the task force;
- to invite to the meetings of the task force the representatives of volunteer groups, of informational brigades for sharing best information actions practices;
- to extend the list of the MoU participants with the representatives of the court, prosecutor’s office, investigation committee, department on citizenship and migration.