Internatioinal technical assistance project in Belarus “Strengthening the capacity of Belarus government in the sphere of combating trafficking in human beings” announces tender for the services of an international consultant to prepare a Guidance document for harmonization of the national legislation on Counter Trafficking in accordance with the International instruments, ratified by the Republic of Belarus.
Date: January 26, 2014
Duty station: Remote place
Application deadline: February 24, 2015
Terms of appointment: Consultant’s contract for 4 months
IOM shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs.
To find more about IOM, visit our Websites at http://www.iom.int and http://iom.by
The Republic of Belarus is committed to combating Trafficking in Human Beings (THB), and this fact is proved by ratification of a number of International Conventions and adoption of the Law on combating THB as of 2012. The purpose of the intervention is to prepare concrete recommendations to the Government of Belarus on how to strengthen the CT legal framework in the Republic of Belarus and identify weaknesses and potential improvements in this regard.
Under the general supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission and CT Specialist, and in close coordination with relevant state and non-state CT stakeholders in Belarus, the incumbent will:
- Draft a Guidance document, based on a comparative analysis of the existing CT legal framework and CT international legal framework, ratified by Belarus.
- Include into the Guidance document gaps analysis report together with the necessary legislative, process and institutional improvements along with a strategy to promote and approve such improvements/ amendments.
- Include into the Guidance document an analytical report on international conventions and treaties related to trafficking in human beings that might be recommended to the GoB for joining.
- Moderate one round table in Minsk for the main national CT stakeholders for the purpose of presentation of the Guidance document.
- Receive feedback from the CT stakeholders through IOM office in Minsk and incorporate it to the final Guidance document.
- Provide expert advice to the IOM Staff and National CT stakeholders upon request.
- Guidance document for harmonization of the CT Legislation in the Republic of Belarus, including:
- Gaps analysis report together with the necessary improvements in the field of CT legislation.
- Guidance on the follow up action: strategy for promotion of the necessary amendments to Government level.
- Analytical report on International conventions and treaties.
- Roundtable or similar event in Minsk for the CT stakeholders for presentation of the Guidance document and discussion of the CT legal framework related topics.
The incumbent is expected to have the following competencies and expertise:
- Minimum of eight years of legal professional experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the International legal framework in the field of CT.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience in preparation of the recommendations/ manuals in the field of CT.
- Good knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in the field of CT (Including those in Belarus).
- Excellent written and oral command of English, knowledge of the Russian language is an asset.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively at all levels, including high-level governmental officials.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability.
- Ability to handle complex information issues.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team.
- Ability to meet tough deadlines.
Applicants should send a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and the names and addresses (including telephone, fax and email) of three referees who are familiar with the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience, as well as the financial proposal to IOM Minsk Office, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Comprehension of human trafficking issue, the purpose and objectives of the task
- Previous relevant experience
- Capacity to carry out the task
- Quality of proposal
- Cost of proposal
- Knowledge of the Russian language
- Availability/start date